At Huntley every student is given the opportunity to reach their potential academically, physically, socially, culturally and spiritually. We want to help each child to become an outstanding citizen. Whenever old boys and girls return to visit we see evidence that the academic and social skills, strong work ethic and high personal standards they learned at Huntley stay with them through secondary school and in fact their entire adult life.
Here are some of the reasons why parents are choosing a Huntley education for their child:
- Outstanding academics. Each year a high percentage of students make the accelerated classes at Feilding High School, PNBHS, Nga Tawa and Wanganui Collegiate.
- Small class sizes. Only 22 or less in a class.
- High achievement is celebrated.
- A variety of educational programmes to help the individual needs of each student. (Such as dyslexia and gifted and talented.)
- Excellent coaching and tuition in a wide variety of sports and musical instruments.
- School Day of 8:30am-5:30pm. With academic lessons from 8:45am-3:10pm, school based sport teams and extracurricular activities from 3:30pm-5:30pm our students are always busy.
- Happy, supportive boarding environment enables students to develop lifelong friendships and social skills.